So Selah is allergic to peanuts and soy. But lately we've realized she's allergic to something else as well. One Saturday morning a month or so ago my dad invited us all to go sledding. Selah and I went along. When we got home later I noticed her cheeks had funny splotches on them. I thought at first she must have gotten frost bite. But it wasn't that cold, and I hadn't noticed them when I put her in the car to go home. When I showed Bruce he immediately said it looked like hives. We haven't played outside much this winter, cause Kezi was rather small for that, so this was the only time she was really outside for a prolonged amount of time. Just the other day she was splashing in the puddles with her new rain boots. Of course she got her pants wet, and it was still quite cool outside (3 degrees or so). When I took her wet pants off there was a ring of hives around her legs, right above where her boots were and where her pants got wet. If I hadn't read about someone being allergic to the cold a while back, I never would have guessed. So, there you have it, Selah is allergic to the cold. That's one allergy I definitely hope she outgrows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
For real?
Have you actually been to a specialist about this and had a diagnosis?
Sometimes kids can get rashes when they've been exposed to both the cold and wetness at the same time.
Yes, we are fairly certain. We've been to an allergist before, but only had certain foods tested. It was not just a rash, it was definitely hives. And we definitely know what hives look like by now (she had them on and off for 6 months before we figured it out the first time).
Poor little girl. But she is so cute!
Post a Comment