Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Still waiting...

We're all starting to get impatient, including this little girl...

She sees the baby's carseat in the car every time we go out, and every time she asks "Baby?"  And apparently we've got some neighbors down the street who are getting impatient as well...

Look at this, I actually got Selah to keep a ponytail in her hair all day!  She was getting a rash on the back of her neck, and I think it was from when her hair goes under her shirt collar.  I figured I would try to keep it up for a while and see if that helps.

Bruce bought a few old cds for really cheap last summer and apparently I hadn't listened to them much.  I found this song on the computer the other day...

Carolyn Arends - We've Been Waiting For You

Let me hold you close, I know you're frightened 

Go ahead and cry, I understand 

You were safe and you were warm 

And then suddenly without a warning 

Things began to change 

It must have seemed so strange 

To all at once be traveling a journey 

All the way to this delivery room 

But, baby, you are not alone 

Your room is ready, let's go home 

You're gonna like it here 

Let me make it clear that 

We've been waiting for you 

We're so glad you came 

We've been looking forward 

To showing you the place 

There's so much in store and 

We've been waiting for you 

I know it can take some getting used to 

But this old world is where you're meant to be 

Life is something not to miss 

The taste of ice cream, your first kiss 

And when love takes your hand 

You will understand why 

We've been waiting for you 

We're so glad you came 

We've been looking forward 

To showing you the place 

There's so much in store and 

We've been waiting for you 

And watching you come into this world 

Baby, you've made me believe 

Another journey awaits us 

So when I have to leave 

I am pretty sure that I'll be frightened 

But even if I cry, please understand 

I will know I'm not alone 

When my room is ready I'll go home 

And when I reach the gate 

I'm going to hear them saying 

We've been waiting for you 

We're so glad you came 

We've been looking forward 

To showing you the place 

There's so much in store and 

We've been waiting for you

4 comments:

Stacey said...

You know I'm waiting :) I want to call so badly, but I don't want to bother you either. Hope it happens soon. Come on Baby!!

Anonymous said...

Wait until tomorrow. I already have a niece who had a baby on April Fools day so it would be easy to remember.

aunt Monika

Heather said...

Yeah, I was thinking April 1st would be nice (until a week ago, then I decided right away would be fine:)

sheila said...

Heather - we need one last belly pic, seeing as we probably won't see you till you have the baby.