Ok, so there wasn't frost, but it was -3, and the wind was kinda nippy. Stacey needed to go to the post office to pick up a parcel, so we all went for a walk. Both girls fell asleep on the way home... My little girl is growing up, but when she falls asleep like that, she's still my baby:)
Yesterday morning we woke up to snow on the ground, which of course was melted before lunchtime. We went to Bruce's aunt and uncles for supper and the evening, and on the way home it was snowing quite nicely (this was close to Morris). They were nice big snowflakes too. Of course when we got closer to home the snow slowed down, and it was just tiny little snowflakes. No snow on the ground this morning:(
Our heat pump should be in soon... I hope. Bruce and both our dads were busy this weekend. They got the furnace and hot water tank out Friday evening. On Saturday they worked on taking out the chimney and just after supper the new hot water tank was in. Unfortunately, with all that work comes a whole pile of mess. I needed to get some laundry done Saturday evening so that required giving the laundry room a good cleaning. Bruce had swept up most of the mess from the chimney, but there was still grime all over the floor (linoleum and carpet) as well as on my washer and dryer. So I washed the floor, and my machines, and vacuumed the carpet. I couldn't find one of the vacuum attachments, so the stairs didn't get done very well, but at least good enough that I know I'm not tracking all that dirt back into my laundry room.
We also found out just how crazy our breaker panel is. Yesterday morning I was ironing a shirt for Bruce. I noticed the heater in the living room was no longer running (remember, no furnace). So I asked Bruce if he had turned it off, and he said no. Then I realized the iron wasn't hot either. It turns out that on one breaker was... a plug from Selah's room that had both her CD player and a heater running, a plug from the dining room where I was ironing, and a plug from the far end of the living room where the TV is (where the heater was plugged in as well). That is the totally opposite end of the house! I'd like to know what crazy person wired our house!!
Well, I wanted to post a few more pics, but the internet is kinda slow right now, so it's not working. So I guess that's it for now... here's hoping for some snow!!


4 comments:
Thanks for walking with us :) Snow would be nice, but I'm hoping for a mild winter...
We're hoping for snow here too! These Thiessens love winter!
This Thiessen like winter too, only the West Coast Winter! I even had to move FURTHER west cause the mainland was too wintery! haha! just kidding
We've had snow already once too...but a lot more than you had! :) I'm not a big fan of snow...at all...I could live in a tropical place for the rest of my life with no problems at all! haha. :) Tate loves it though...so I'm sure him and I and Emily will be playing in it lots this winter yet!
Post a Comment