Bruce has been working hard on the house lately. He tore out two walls in the basement. The one, as you can see, enclosed the laundry/furnace room. The laundry room will most likely be moved upstairs when we build the addition, so this area will open into the new part of the basement. For now, though, it's really nice to have space for my laundry room... as well as light! The heat pump is at a stand still. They put all the wells in a few weeks ago, but it rained the next day, so they weren't able to dig the trenches to connect them. So they started on some other houses (Mike's and Beth's). I really hope it gets done soon, cause it's getting pretty cool already!


Two weeks ago we decided to go to the zoo with Bruce's parents and Ashton. Ashton really enjoyed seeing the animals. Selah didn't care too much, except for some of the "kitties". When we were looking at some of the little monkeys swinging in the trees, one jumped onto the fence right in front of Selah, she kinda freaked out a little bit, but was ok after a little bit. One of the big cats was actually awake when we were there. They are usually all sleeping, but it was a cooler day so I think that made a difference. Check out the camel's teeth in the pic. I didn't realize they had such huge teeth! And in the snake pic, there were two snakes all curled up together... it was rather interesting.
And here's a few other pics. We have Stacey's infant car seat sitting in our living room right now and Selah loves using it as a recliner! She will climb in it when she's watching her veggie tales. She is almost walking. She can do it if she wants to. In the evening when we are at home she will just get up and start walking around. She will rarely do it anywhere else.
We also have a kitten! Bruce (who has always said we will NEVER have a cat) brought it home one day. He got it from a guy from work. Anyway, her name is Sophie, and she lives in the garage. She is NOT allowed in the house, not for anything. She is quite playful. Selah really loves Sophie and is sad when she has to leave her and come inside.

And how is my pregnancy going? Well, some days have been really good. But some have still been pretty bad. Yesterday and today were bad days. It makes it very difficult to get things done. So after this post I need to go load the dishwasher:) I had my first appointment last Thursday. I got to hear the heartbeat, which is always really cool. And, I think I've picked out the car seat I want for this baby. With Selah I used Ashton's infant seat, but I really did not like it, plus it will be expiring soon. So this is the Chicco Keyfit. It's new in Canada... but well loved in the US. I'm just waiting for it to go on sale:)
And that's all for tonight. Don't forget to go vote on Tuesday! I'll be sitting at the polls:)



1 comment:
Love the car seat. We bought a new car seat/stroller for Caden, but I think once we have another baby, I'll be buying a new one. I really don't like it. This one looks pretty fancy.
Good luck with the renos. I'm sure you're itchin to get them done
Post a Comment