Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm Sold!

I've been getting quite annoyed with Selah's cloth diaper covers lately.  The casing over the elastic around the legs soaks through and then gets her clothes wet.  So I tried something new.  I found a pattern on diaperswappers.com (Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker Pattern) to make a fleece diaper soaker.  I have some fleece leftover from my grade 9 sewing project, so I cut out 2 covers, and last night I sewed one of them together.  This afternoon, once the cover was washed and dried, I put it on Selah.  About an hour later I checked her diaper (she had had a whole bottle of milk), and the diaper was as soaked as ever, but no leaks!  When I took the cover off I even felt the inside of the cover, and it was dry!!  Needless to say, I'll be sewing a couple more of these when I find the time:)  Some pics, of course...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

really? That is so cool...I'll have to check that one out!

Heather said...

It was really easy, only took like 10 minutes to sew.

Stacey said...

And of course, it's so cute! You'll have to make her some fleece pants for winter :)