Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Feels like fall...

The leaves are changing color, the weather is changing... and I love it!  Yesterday was such a beautiful day.  Stacey and I walked to Stay & Play with the kids in the morning.  I think the kids had a lot of fun playing there, especially since they got goldfish crackers:)  I'm so glad it's September and everything is starting back up again... Ladies Breakaway at church, Bible Classes, Growing with Mom, Stay & Play, etc.  It's nice to have something to do, rather than to just sit at home.  If I have somewhere to be in the morning and I have to get up and get ready it seems like I feel slightly less sick.  I was supposed to have my first prenatal appointment this next Monday, but it got changed to Oct. 2.  I was looking forward to hearing a heartbeat, but I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Stacey and I have been teaching Sunday School (age 2&3) together since just after Christmas.  This past Sunday was Promotion Sunday, so it was quite exciting.  We only had a few kids moving on to the next class... so we still have a lot of kids in our class.  This quarter we are teaching them about creation.  It's a really fun book.  We get to make a huge mural on the wall, and there are a lot of fun activities to do.  This last Sunday we had 13 kids, but we could have as many as 17 or 18 if all of them show up!  They are definitely a handful, but it is getting a little easier.  We usually have 1 or 2 moms stay with their kids.  Most of the kids will stay on their own, thankfully.  I get to teach this Sunday, and it's about the sky and clouds.  Of course I had to go to the store and buy a whole bunch of cotton balls:)  It's gonna be fun...

Bruce has been quite busy lately.  We our getting the wells dug for our heat pump in the next week or so, so Bruce had to do a bit of work in the back yard.  He had to dig out all the bricks around the fire pit, finish taking apart and cleaning up the deck, etc.  After taking apart the deck he found that apparently I was correct in thinking that our dryer vent must be clogged.  I had told him that basically since we got married, but he couldn't(or wouldn't) do anything about it, cause the vent was under the deck.  But now that the deck is gone, the problem is fixed.  Bruce has also been working on his Accounting courses.  Lately he's been doing pretty good, getting almost 1 book done per week (which is what he needs to do to finish on time).

And now for Selah... she still isn't walking, but that's ok.  I think she can crawl as fast as Bria can walk:)  It seems like one nap a day is all that she needs now.  If she has a nap in the morning, she will lie in her bed all afternoon (for as long as I leave her there) and talk to herself.  Some days it just works out that she only gets a nap in the afternoon (if we have something up in the morning).  And those days she seems to be just fine.  She gets to be quite tired by lunch time, but then she usually has a great nap.  We bought her a "baby" the other day, and she loves it.  I also took her little doll stroller out of her closet.  So she likes to give baby a ride in the stroller.  She also gives baby tons of hugs and kisses:)

Sorry I have no pictures to share this time... we've been forgetting to take the camera out lately.  Anyway, enjoy the rest of this beautiful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as she is happy just lying in her bed I would still put her down twice a day! Gives you time to get some stuff done without having to run after her!

- Liane

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that Liane. Besides, it may just be a phase.

Heather said...

I agree too. I need that time to relax:) It just annoys me when she doesn't fall asleep.

Stacey said...

Bria would never be happy in her bed for that long! She does still need two naps though.

I'm glad you got your dryer vent cleaned out. That'll make a big difference in drying time!