Friday, January 22, 2010

We made a breakthrough!



And I can't believe it! We've been trying to potty train Selah for quite some time. Many days her undies stay dry, as long as we take her to the potty regularly. And poop, well that usually ends up in her diaper at nap time. Lately when she would pee in her pants I would take away whatever toy she was playing with and put it up high on a shelf. I'm not sure if this helped or not. Anyway, yesterday after lunch I was checking my email and she was playing with her tea set. I asked her if she needed to go potty, and she said no. I reminded her that if she peed in her pants I would have to put her tea set away. Quite a while later she says "I need to poop, mommy". Well I jumped up out of my chair, picked her up, and ran to the potty! She sat for a minute and said "no poop". So we went back to the living room. I told her that I was so happy that she told me she needed to sit on the potty, even if she didn't go. Five minutes later "I need to poop, mommy". Nothing that time either, but the third time was the charm:) I wasn't sure if this was a one time thing or not. So today I kept taking her to the potty when I thought it had been long enough. But this evening as I was helping her look for a toy she did it again "It's pee time, mommy". So off we ran to the potty:) I'm really hoping this is going to continue.

Yesterday evening I really needed to do some cleaning. Kezi usually will not let me do anything for too long. I decided to put a movie on to occupy Selah, and thought maybe Kezi would sit and watch for a little while too. So I sat her beside Selah on the little couch. I kept checking on her every once in a while, and she was just sitting there so nicely. After a while she started to snuggle with Selah:)

This morning was pretty busy at our house. Ashton came over cause his grandma was asked to help out in their church kitchen for a funeral. I asked Stacey and her kids to come over too, cause Rowan and Ashton love to play together, but they don't get to very often (just a few times a year usually). The kids had a blast! Though I have to ask, if you were a little purple spoon (from a little girl's tea set) where would you hide? I've looked everywhere! Anyway, that's my post for today:) Goodnight!

4 comments:

sheila said...

Good job on the potty training Selah!
If I were a little purple spoon I would probably like to hide in the register vent. :)
I used to find all kinds of little objects, mostly crayons in our vents when the boys were little.

Sara said...

Woohoo for Selah! Let's hope she continues to surprise you :)
Keziah is sure growing up fast - enjoy the moments Heather...and, what a precious picture of the two of them.

Anonymous said...

So cute, snuggling up together!! Oh, the joys of potty training. Way to go Selah ~ awesome!!! ....Hmmm, if I were a little purple spoon I would hide underneath the couch cushions in the deep crevices where lots of junk usually collects. Hey, if nothing else you might find some loose change :) ... No doubt you've probably already looked there.
~Brenda

Andrea said...

Yay! Way to go Selah! I hope it continues to go smoothly now. And the snuggles are soooo adorable. I LOVE watching Tate and Emily snuggle too...it doesn't happen often, but when it does it's so sweet.