Monday, March 23, 2009
The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night!
Yeah, we had one of those Saturday night. Between 9 when Selah went to bed and 11:30 she cried every 5-10 minutes. I tried oralgel on her teeth (she's getting her 2 year molars), nothing. I gave her Tylenol, nothing. Finally I went to bed, and Bruce let her stay up with him for a little bit. After a while she wanted to go to bed. Then she still woke up several times at night, and she was ready for the day at 7:15, which is super early for her. She also didn't have a good nap on Sunday either. So... last night at bed time we put her to bed, and the crying started again. So we went in, and I figured I'd try something. Her diaper had leaked in her bed the other day (after drinking a liter of water at Stacey's house:)) so I had to change her bedding. I had just bought a mattress pad for her bed (crib mattresses aren't very comfy) a week or two before, so that had to be washed too. I hadn't put it back on yet, cause it wasn't clean yet when she needed to go to bed. So last night I put it back on, and guess what... she slept so soundly last night, and only is just waking up now, at 9:00! I guess I better go make her breakfast:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh no...that's so hard. Your little princess likes a comfy bed...what was the name of that princess who couldn't sleep because of a pea under the pile of mattresses?
lol, I don't know if she had a name
I can't believe she sleeps till 9. Thats crazy. Normal for us is 7:15, not matter what time he goes to bed. (usually at 8) You're lucky
I remember those kind of nights. Not fun. I'm very fussy about mattresses too, like Goldilocks ;) By the way, the princess' name is Opaline Von Highbredde in the story "The Princess and the Pea" by the Danish author Han Christian Andersen. (I googled it :))
Brenda
...oops I mean, Hans Christian Andersen.
wow, that's quite the name!
Post a Comment