Yesterday we went to check out Stacey's open house for her shop. Anybody wanting to use cloth diapers should really check out her stuff. Those diapers look really nice, and of course the wet bags that Liane made are very nice too. I really could use some good diapers for Selah for night. Then I could stop buying disposables:) And a wet bag for my diaper bag would be quite handy. I keep running out of plastic bags cause I always use my cloth bags for shopping:)
My latest sewing project is actually coming along nicely. I'm working on a rag quilt for the baby. So far I've spent 3 afternoons sewing, and it will probably take another 2 or 3. After that I've got a few other things I need to work on... some fleece diaper covers and another crib sheet. If I keep working on it, I may actually get it all done before baby gets here:)
For a while I was thinking that maybe it was the laundry detergent that was causing Selah's hives, cause I was using some different stuff than usual. It seemed like once I stopped using that stuff they went away, except they didn't. The past week she has been getting a few here and there. Then this morning I noticed one big one on her arm, and by the time I was out of the shower she had a whole bunch again. We're still waiting for a call for an appointment with the pediatric allergist. Hopefully that happens soon...
There has finally been some progress in our basement. For the last week Bruce has been working down there in the evenings. He finished all the wiring for the rec room and my dad helped him with the gyprock on Saturday. He still has to finish the one wall where the TV will be. He's building a shelf in the wall for the TV and all our movies, etc. We were hoping to have it all done by next week for Bible Study, but it looks like that won't quite happen. I told Bruce that it has to be done before the baby gets here:)
Here's a picture of my last attempt at buns. They turned out much better than the first time now that I know I have to set my oven over 100 degrees cooler than the recipe says.
And here's Selah of course:) I decided to try pigtails in her hair and it actually worked quite good... until she decided it was more fun to pull the elastics out. Her hair is almost long enough to all fit in a ponytail. Just a few more months.
Well, I guess that's it for today. Only 9 more weeks till baby is here...


5 comments:
Oh yum, those buns look good! I have fresh bread cooling on my counter right now too...
And Selah, what a difference from one post to the next. You sure clean up good :) Nice piggy tails.
WE took Levi to WPG last year to see a pediatric allergist, Dr. Kumar. From what I understand, a lot of people from around here have seen her. The diagnosis came in quickly, and now we know what the allergic triggers are. Hopefully Selah's reactions are stemming from something that can be easily removed from the household. Do you still have a cat?
If you do, that could very easily be the culprit, I know it was for Levi. We didn't have to get rid of the cat, he just can't hold him, which is fine in my opinion anyways! And then we found out Zach is allergic to the dog! Oh dear!
Best of luck with founding out what her triggers are. Oh and those buns look wonderful! I should hire you to bake me buns, seeing as mine never turn out!
The cat hasn't been around for over a month. Even when we had it she was never very close to it, and just about never touched it. It just stayed in the garage.
The buns were quite good... maybe not quite as good as my mom makes though:)
Very impressive Heather ... you certainly sound ambitious with all that sewing and baking buns :) ... the buns look really good btw! Best of luck getting those reno's done too -- that's always fun. Selah looks SO much like you Heather in that photo, wow -- she's getting cuter by the minute. Hope you guys get things figured out with the allergy testing (Rachelle had allergy tests done in Saskatoon when she was 3.)
~Aunt Brenda
Hopefully Selah can have her appt soon - it's frustrating not knowing what is setting off the hives. We'll be praying about that.
Good job on the buns...and oh yes, I think Bruce is doing a great job in the rec room!
Post a Comment