Saturday, August 9, 2008

and then there were... 4!!

So, my blog has been getting kinda boring lately.  I thought I would spice it up for you a bit.  For all of you who still read my blog, you are the first to know (besides our parents/siblings) that we are expecting another baby!!  It's actually kinda early to tell people, but Bruce just gets so excited, and he can't stop himself from telling people, so I figured I might as well post about it.  I'm due April 5th, so I'm only 6 weeks right now.

Today was a long day.  It started with the parade, which Selah enjoyed sitting on Nana's lap.  She loved holding all her candy, and she got sooo mad when I took it away from her so she could have her nap!  Don't worry, I'm not going to let her eat it:)  After nap time we were off to a wedding.  Bruce's cousin Vanessa got married to Frank today on her parents farm.  It was a nice outdoor wedding.  It was kinda warm to be outside all afternoon, but there was a little bit of shade to cool off in once in a while.  After the wedding we came home to get changed, and then headed off to the fair grounds.  We watched a little bit of the entertainment, which was pretty good.  There was some magician guy who was pretty funny, and did a great job.  After that we watched Dustin play with his youth band.  Being outside all day definitely tires me out!  I'm long ready for bed, but Bruce is sitting here working on his accounting, so I'm waiting for him.

For anyone wanting the scoop on Selah, here it is.  She gets more interesting by the day.  She isn't walking yet, but lately she has been getting braver.  She will pull her self up, and then let go so she stands by herself for a few seconds.  She still will not walk if we only offer her one hand.  It seems that she is going to be a picky eater like me.  She doesn't like to try new foods very often, and there are some things she definitely doesn't like... bananas, ketchup, and I think there's more, but my brain is starting to shut down for the night:)  I guess maybe I should go to bed... good night!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay!! Woohoo!! I told my neighbor last night...

Jamy said...

Congratulations you guys. Thats so great. Hope you are feeling great.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the family update ~ Congratulations on expecting baby #2!!! Wow, that's exciting! Hope you have a really great pregnancy, Heather!

By the way, congratulations as well to Bruce on his acting in all these plays -- it's too bad we don't get to see any of it.

Hope things are going well for you guys :)

~Aunt Brenda

Ellen said...

YAY for baby #2 :) our two kids are about the same distance apart as yours will be :) it's really awesome :) mind you it can be kind of trying at times in the beginning when you feel sick and you have a toddler :) but you do what you need to get thro.. enjoy, the second pregnancy goes by really fast (or for me it did anyway!)

Jobina said...

congratulations!!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations - I came from Stacey's blog. Babies are such a beautiful miracle from God!!! GOod luck with your pregnancy.

Peter und Irene said...

hey Heather & Bruce congratulations to your 2nd Baby.How are you feeling?


Irene

Larissa Joy said...

Congratulations, you two!