Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Well, if you haven't driven by our house for a while, you may be surprised.  This last week Bruce took out the hedge that grew next to the sidewalk.  There was always grass and weeds growing right by the sidewalk.  So, I decided it was time for it to go.  The only problem is, Bruce was so busy with that, he didn't have time to mow the grass, so it's getting rather long.  Bruce took a picture last night...

He also got some pictures of his flowers.  Yes they are his flowers, I don't care to be in the garden much, so they are his:)




We got to spend the evening at "The Back Forty" on Sunday.  It was the perfect day for it, not too hot, just nice and warm.  We had a good game of Bocce, and went for a little walk.  Most of the others had spent the afternoon down by the river fishing/swimming, etc.  Apparently Matthew was the only one who caught a fish, and with his bare hands too!  Of course, the fish was almost dead already:)

I love waiting for packages in the mail.  Just a week or two ago I finally got my dryer balls that I had ordered back in March I think.  On Monday I got my Nellie's Laundry Soda.  I can't wait to try it out.  I had been using Charlie's soap and it was almost time to get some more, but Stacey did a review on Nellie's Laundry Soda, and she thought it worked better, so I thought I would try it too.  Now I'm waiting for a car seat.  There's a long story about that one, but here it is in a nutshell...
Bruce and I had bought a Scenera car seat to use for Ashton in our car.  We then gave it to him this last Christmas, cause his other seat was expired.  Recently I noticed that the harness strap was snagged because of two spikes on the bottom of the seat.  I called the company, and they sent me a replacement Scenera.  This one still had the spikes, so I emailed asking for a refund.  I also emailed Transport Canada to let them know about the car seat.  So now they are sending me a different seat, the Safety 1st Apex.  I'm excited about it, because it harnesses up till 65 lbs, and then becomes a booster seat.  So any of you who have a Scenera, check the bottom for the spikes, and possible snagged harness, and call the company!

And a little bit about Selah... she still isn't walking, but she is starting to pull herself up by the couch/coffee table.  Last Saturday us Thiessen kids were practicing for special music at the church.  We were all standing at the back of the sanctuary (Keith and Rowan were on stage).  I noticed Selah was gone, so I looked around.  She was sitting by the stage watching them.  A few minutes later I looked up again, and Selah was on the top step of the stage!!  She has never tried to climb steps before, so I was definitely surprised!  Of course I quickly ran to her to make sure she wouldn't fall off.  She has become quite a little climber, she will climb over the back of her little couch, or crawl over you if you are sitting on the floor.  Here's a pic of her relaxing on her new couch...

Tomorrow I get to babysit Ashton again, which should be lots of fun.  Selah also has her one year immunization tomorrow.  I hope it goes as well as the last ones.  And then we're headed for a fun weekend... which I will tell you about next week:)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's SO awesome that they're sending you a better carseat! I am totally going to check our carseat and call the company TODAY...as soon as jonathan gets home from work with the van. Well, the company might be closed by then, but I'll at least check it today! That would be so awesome if we could get a better carseat for free. :) And Selah looks adorable chillin' out on her couch there!

Anonymous said...

I like the hedge gone...good job Bruce!