Tuesday, May 6, 2008
False Advertising
So I was at Bible Classes tonight, and afterwards I had to go to the store and get some milk, for breakfast in the morning. I had to go to Superstore cause Co-op closes at 9. Right inside the door at Superstore they had three carts loaded with groceries. The first one had a sign claiming that at Co-op it would cost about $260. The third cart had a sign claiming that at Superstore it would cost about $150. (I didn't look at the middle cart). So, anyone walking by would take a quick look and think, "wow, I sure save a lot of money here!" But, upon closer inspection, you will see that the "Co-op" cart had name brand products, like Coke, while the "Superstore" cart had President's Choice products (store brand). I know that Superstore is often a little bit cheaper than Co-op, but I bet if they had chosen the store brand products from Co-op, the cart of groceries would have maybe been $10 more instead of $110. Anyways, that's my little rant for the day:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
No way!! I'm not that often at Superstore but I saw those carts walking by there the other day. Maybe someone should point that out to them. You also get 5% discount on wednesday, which Superstore doesn't have and you build equity!
We don't have Co-op out here ... at times we sure do miss their sausage! We actually have some farmer sausage in the freezer right now (from Sask)~ we treat it like gold!
~Brenda
I saw those last night but didn't look any closer. As I walked past them I wondered about the brands in the carts. False advertising is rarely reported, but often used. I think Superstore needs to get there stories straight.
Just to clear one thing up...the first cart was co-op[with brand name items], the second cart was superstore [with brand name items] and the third was superstore [with superstore [pc] brand name items]...so they aren't false advertising they are showing that shopping at superstore is cheeper and they are also promoting their brand name items and how much you can save by buying the pc brand.
Post a Comment