Saturday, December 29, 2007


Well, we've decided it's time to get rid of the soother. It's been two days (one night). So far it hasn't been too bad. Selah cries for a few minutes in her bed, but she's ok after a little while. We thought it would be easier to get rid of the soother now, rather than later. I really don't want her on the soother when she's 2 or even 3.

Today Selah has been very grumpy. Bruce went to help my parents with the wiring for their new bathroom. Since then she has not been happy. So finally I came over here to my parents too. And of course, she's happy now, at least as long as I'm holding her. She's become very shy again. Mostly she is only happy with mommy and daddy. Once in a while she will go to someone else for a very short while before she realizes it. Also, when it's just me and her at home, she always wants me to hold her or play with her. If I leave the room she cries. It's rather difficult to do anything like that. Oh well, I guess this wont last forever.

Yesterday evening we invited some friends over. We ended up playing Lord of the Rings Risk till 12:30. That was quite the game. Our friends won (we were playing teams). If I would have rolled and been able to throw the ring into Mount Doom, Bruce and I would have won. It was very close. I made popcorn in our new popcorn maker. We got it for Christmas from Lamar. I must say, it makes the best popcorn. Way better than microwave or theater popcorn. If you want to try it out, just come on over:)

Well, my baby is getting sleepy. Time to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would be a nice bonus if not having the soother would help her little cheeks clear up!