Saturday, December 2, 2006

So... I've actually been sick now. Until now, I'd felt a little weird, and not been able to eat some things, but that's it. On Wednesday I was at work (I work at the Co-ops in Winkler). I was working at check-out one, and I was feeling a little yucky, but that's been normal. All of a sudden it felt like a little more than that, so I told the lady, whose groceries I was currently ringing through, that I would be back in a minute. I quickly went over to check-out four, where Lena, my boss was. She was on the phone. I turn to check-out three, and Jenn is on the phone too. I tapped her on the shoulder and she just put up her finger and said "just a minute" without turning around. By then it was too late, so I quickly bent over the bag at the end of the check-out. It was quite the experience. I haven't thrown up for probably at least 5 years. I'm pretty sure now that it was from the grapes I ate in the morning. I was talking with a friend the next day, who is due two weeks before me, and she said the same thing happened to her (well not exactly!). So now I know, no grapes for breakfast. Oh yeah, and Bruce's stinky work clothes also made me throw up yesterday!

6 comments:

Irene said...

Oooh poor Heather! I unterstand too well. My midwife told me to eat crackers and that helped pretty good. Fruits are not good.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you too Heather! Although I only puked once out of all 3 pregnancies, I still had that nauseous feeling for the first 3 months. Mine went away at 13 weeks with all 3 , so there is hope! God bless!

Melanie said...

Hi Heather. Don't know if you know who I am, but I've seen you at the checkouts in Co-op. It's neat to hear the you and Bruce are expecting a baby! Exciting! Now with the nauseous thing, if it continues I recommend Ginger pills from the local health store. It's the only thing that helped me in my first pregnancy (I was pretty sick each morning for the first couple of months until I started taking those pills). I hope that it won't happen too often for you. It's not a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

I've always heard that if you're sick that means that you have a better chance of having a healthy baby. In yesterday's paper I read that your chances of miscarrying decrease if you are sick and if you eat chocolate that also decreases your chances. Chocolate really sould be a food group!!!

Heather said...

Hmm, interesting. I have been taking ginger pills, so I'm wondering if it would be that much worse if I didn't. I don't really want to find out!

Melanie said...

I'm glad to hear that you are taking some preventative medicine. I made the mistake of not taking anything this pregnancy so my hubby had to take out the garbage for the first few months because I'd get sick from the smell. Crazy how things that normally don't bother you are all of a sudden the worst smells on earth (like work clothes, garbage, and for me, raw meat). I hope that your sick spells are done!