Saturday, December 23, 2006

Ok, so I know it's been a while. I've been working full time, and Bruce has been working overtime. Plus, just about every evening lately has been busy. Life is crazy. So... what have we been up to. This week we went Christmas caroling, which was fun as usual. There was also the church Christmas banquet. I must say, it was a lot of fun watching Mike, David and Dad battle it out in the game that we played. And it was also quite hilarious watching Grandma be lucky one in the gift exchange. She got to choose whichever present she wanted, so she walked around looking at each one and saying "hmm, I already have one of those" or "I don't really need that". In the end she took a hammock.
Hmm, what else have we been up to. Oh yeah, we went to Winnipeg last weekend. Just Bruce and I. It was really good. We basically just relaxed. We got to go see Beth at the airport. It was nice to be able to say bye.
Oh yeah, the best part of my week was my doctor's appointment yesterday. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat! That was really cool! Today at the Dueck gathering (Bruce's mom's family) I told Ashton (my almost 2 year old nephew) that there was a baby in auntie's tummy. He started pulling at my sweater and saying "no, no" cause he sure couldn't see a baby there! It was really cute.
Well, I think Bruce is at home working on some pictures right now, so maybe I'll be able to post some pictures soon.
I hope you all have a great Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hope you have a great Christmas too!

Melanie said...

Isn't hearing the heartbeat just the most amazing thing ever? We got to hear our daughter's heartbeat for the first time right before Christmas three years ago, and it's still a great memory for me.